Saturday, October 18, 2008

I-League: Elvis Dismisses EB Injury Concerns

Vasco SC coach Elvis Goes breathed confidence ahead of their impending I-League clash against Kolkata giants East Bengal at Salt Lake Stadium this evening.

“We are prepared for everything. I’m prepared for the worst as well,” said the coach.

The former Dempo and Churchill player is excited about the game and added that he felt great to be back in the ‘Mecca of Indian football’.

“The match is going to be exciting for sure. I had come here with Dempo to play some games and it feels good to be back.”

East Bengal have a number of injury worries and facing a make-shift Red and Gold side would be advantageous for the newly promoted Vasco. But Elvis doesn’t agree.

“From the 1980’s, Kolkata teams claim that their key players are injured. It has been their strategy. I feel all 18 are capable of playing.

“In fact, the player coming off the bench would be even more excited about playing as he would want to impress his coach and others. He is more determined and so, I don’t buy that argument.”

Source:Goal.com

No comments: